5802 S. 228th St Kent, WA 98035 US
Opening: CNC Machinist
City: Kent, WA
WHO THEY ARE:
For over 70 years we have been providing global repair and overhaul services to regional aircraft, as well as many of the world’s military operators of large transport aircraft. Today we are respected worldwide as an industry leader among customers and competitors alike. Clients throughout the world count on us because they know they receive superior expertise, honest scheduling, and unsurpassed reliability in all of our support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform tasks associated with the Machine Shop
- Meet production requirements in accordance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, Manufacturer, Customer, and Company specifications.
- Ensure that required checks of inspection tooling, calibrated assets, and precision test equipment is accomplished.
- Accurately document completion of work in standard travelers, ensuring completion of work when personnel shift or assignment changes occur.
- Oversee and perform setup and use CNC machining equipment (mills and lathes), hand tools, precision measuring equipment, hydraulic presses, and media blast equipment.
- Perform maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Will be expected to requisition materials and supplies with purchaser, & supply team, update and familiarize self with all manuals and correctly dispose of shop coolants and hazardous waste per company policy & procedures.
- Effectively communicate with leadership to recommend changes and process improvements such as: equipment utilization, production methods and procedures to increase efficiency of the department and promote continuous improvement
- Works when scheduled and comply with company attendance policy
- Observes, practices, and enforces all safety procedures and company policies (e.g., Safety-glasses, ear plugs, face shields etc.)
- Take accountability for self and be receptive to feedback to minimize errors and improve the quality of work
- Mentor and develop peers to promote continuous improvement
- Share any concerns or work-related issues to direct supervisor that may impact schedule or performance
- Perform to the highest quality standards under limited supervision
- Use problem solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and or mitigate operational issues
- Ensure all practices are conducted in accordance with written processes and procedures.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- $30-35/hr to start DOE
- 40 hours per week
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2 to 5 years experience (more preferred) with manual and/or CNC machines, mills and lathes.
- Familiarity with FAA regulations and requirements preferred
- Read, understand and interpret blueprints
- Familiarity with aerospace industry regulations is preferred
- Able to read, understand and follow aircraft manuals and other directions written in the English language.
- Ability to correctly complete paperwork in compliance with work orders and job manuals
- Must be able to use hand tools, micrometers, air gages, and other special tools. Ability to read manuals and have basic math for mechanical measurements. Must be able to read and understand technical documentation.
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationship with, and among co-workers and senior leadership
- Must be able to work with little to no supervision and to take initiative
- Must be able and willing to comply with OSHA requirements and standards to properly wear all applicable PPE
- Must be able to effectively read, write and communicate in English
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe, food free work environment
- Must be able to comply common sense
- Must be able to use applied knowledge to formulate positive solutions to problem situations
- Must be able to squat, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and stand
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your resume to Aaron Logsdon at [email protected] NOW to secure your interview today – we’re looking to schedule interviews as soon as this week! Or just give us a call at (206) 535-7306!
Meet Your Recruiter
I am born and raised in the Seattle area. I grew up in Kent and Tukwila and currently live in the Redmond/Bellevue area. I enjoy all sports and talking about sports whenever I can. My favorite sport is baseball, and I am a diehard Mariners fan regardless of my White Sox hat in my Opti photo. I have a 2-year-old goldendoodle named Murphy and I like to goof around with him in my free time and go to his favorite park and play fetch. I play some pick-up basketball, and recreational softball. Other than that, I really like watching movies.
What I like about Opti is that I can be myself and work with an amazing group of people. I really enjoy the friendly competitiveness in the office and with the other offices. Working as a bartender for 15 years I dreamed of having a career in sales, and it is pretty darn awesome, plus I can help others find the career that they have always wanted too!