CMM Operator/Quality Inspector
14140 Sw Galbreath Dr. Po Box 1464 Tualatin 97062 Sherwood, OR 97140 US
Who We Are:
Our client has been a leader in the precision machining industry for the last 40 years. Known for their superb quality and value, their roots are in the semiconductor industry. From there, they extended their innovative systems and approach to the commercial and medical industries. Today, they're proud to use that experience to serve our nation’s aerospace and defense (A&D) industries.
This company is a blast to work for, and they treat their employees like family. They offer great benefits and competitive wage. This is a long-term opportunity with a growing company!
What You’ ll Do:
This position performs In-Process, and Final Quality Inspections to ensure acceptability of manufactured components, assemblies, and final product. Inspections are performed using various mechanical inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, etc. and CMM’s.
What’ s in it for You:
Chance to be on a winning team!
Working with a company that takes pride in their work!
Opportunity for growth within the organization!
Amazing Wage DOE – plus great benefits!
What You Need to Have:
- Perform component in-process and final product acceptance activities using engineering drawings and other specifications to determine acceptance or rejection of product.
- Document the inspection results in accordance with company procedures.
- Identify and report nonconforming materials using electronic systems.
- Perform in-process floor inspection at machining centers and interact with production machinists when problems are encountered.
- Inspect product with tolerances as low as 0.0001 inch.
- Set-up and operate Coordinate Measuring machines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge of PC-DMIS CMM programming software with CAD++.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other employees and team lead.
- Ability to work in a highly detailed environment where mental focus and accuracy of work output is essential.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and engineering specifications to obtain product information such as dimensions, plating, and cosmetic requirements.
- Proficient use of mechanical inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, thread gauges, indicators, bore gages, CMM’s, etc.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel Programs.
- Proficient in using Internet based applications.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong industry knowledge and understanding of machining equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with engineers, production machinists, and other quality personnel.
If you’re interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please respond with your updated resume NOW to secure your interview today! Give Ricky a call at 971-246-8432 or Kacie a call at 971-246-8429!
Meet Your Recruiter
Administrative Sales Support
My name is Kacie and I have been with Opti for a fun and eventful three months! I recently decided to make a career move after working with kids over the last ten years and I couldn’t be happier that I chose to start that adventure here. I grew up in Southeast Alaska and moved to Oregon in 2013. I love it here because I can be surrounded by nature all the time and the ocean is only a short drive away. I enjoy traveling and spending time with my partner and our chinchilla. They are the highlights of my life, and we spend most of our time together outside of work. Being at Opti has opened so many doors for me and I’m so excited to see what comes next. I have learned so much so quickly and gained beautiful friendships along the way too. I had never worked for a company that celebrated their employees the way that we do here, until now, and I can’t imagine working anywhere else!