We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Buyer- Junior buyer for aircraft industry - Kent
5802 South 228th St Kent Kent, Washington 98032
This is a direct hire opportunity through Opti Staffing Group
Our Kent client is interviewing for a junior buyer in the aerospace industry. Top candidates will have aircraft purchasing experience and military candidates are encouraged to apply. This role requires the ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Attention to detail, ability to balance multiple work assignments; organized work habits; ability to work independently. Able to present issues and problems to higher level staff and offer suggested corrections and containment actions. Able to develop and maintain professional liaisons with civil regulatory, third party, and customer auditors. Proficiency with major software programs: e.g. MS Office Suite
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and complicated written or oral instructions. Manage problems involving many variables in sometimes difficult and stressful situations. Examples include: resolving staff conflicts, dealing with sometimes irate and impatient users, and managing many simultaneous high priority projects and user requests.
- Meet with vendors and suppliers to discuss current products, potential new products and services, availability and lead times, as well as quality of goods Review and evaluate vendor performance and qualification based on the pricing, quality of goods, ability to deliver on time, and customer service quality
- Negotiate with vendors and suppliers on pricing, lead time, terms, contract agreements
- Generate and process purchase orders to buy production (inventory & non-inventory) goods, tools and supplies, office and warehouse needs as assigned
- Monitor and expedite all open purchase orders to perform Purchase Order maintenance as necessary to ensure that vendors comply with current established terms and conditions, determine any necessary changes as needed
- Review and approve Purchase Orders
- Collaborate with Production team leaders to coordinate the purchase and arrival of materials per each scheduled work order requirements
- Source materials and request for quotes as needed for Production, Engineering, and general shop requests
- Communicate between Production staff and vendors to determine correct processes required to return defective goods and/or any requests for credit returns to vendor
- Maintain records pertaining to purchased items, cost history, and delivery patterns
- Compile reports as needed on material cost analyses, departmental monthly expense on supplies, annual usage inquiries, etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’ s degree and 2+ years of work experience in a purchasing / planning environment; within a manufacturing or MRO environment preferred.
- Strong oral and written skills and math skills.
- Experience in a direct procurement and planning role
- Solid knowledge of ERP system operations
- Some experience operating in a make to order production system
- Strong familiarity with MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Salary $54k - $58k DOE with comprehensive benefits package.