We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Business Development Manager
12695 Ne Marx Building 12 Portland, OR 97230
Our client in GLOBAL LOGISTICS SERVICES is looking for an experienced Business Development and Sales Manager for their Northeast Portland location!
You would be responsible for increasing gross profit and market share while developing relationships with new customers. This sales role is Entrepreneurial and allows you to create new opportunities and build new accounts.
To be successful you would bring your existing book of business into a new environment allowing you to grow and expand and engage new customers in opportunities for customized service solutions
Commission in this role is uncapped.
Your job duties would include:
- approaching, engaging, and closing new accounts
- contacting target customers and existing clients through assigned territory via social media, video, telephone, and face to face meetings
- developing and maintaining strong business relationships with current and future customers
- reporting sales activities
- onboarding new businesses
- meeting and exceeding assigned sales budgets (monthly and annually)
- connecting with oversees agents to support global growth
Requirements for this position include:
- demonstrated and documented sales success
- 3-5 years operations and business development experience
- college degree PREFERRED
- excellent understanding of logistics and freight forwarding products, solution, pricing, and structure
- team building and customer relation skills
- effective communication and attention to detail
- strong negotiation skills and the ability to overcome obstacles
- organization skills and internal motivation and strong work ethic
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- a valid driver' s license and safe driving record
- ability to multi task and meet high level expectations
Our client will provide a competitive salary and commission plan, car allowance, comprehensive benefits package and 401K.