We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Billing Customer Service (transportation)
5615 W. Marginal Way Sw Seattle, WA 98106
We are looking for someone that possesses a genuine desire to serve our Customers by processing and providing billing. This is a very visible face of the company and we are looking for someone with a great attitude, clear communication and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
• Processes Bills of Lading for receiving, reviews Bill for complete information, assigns codes and instructions as required. Enters alpha and numeric receiving data from source documents into computer in office and occasionally in warehouse environment.
• Processes and inspects vehicles, equipment and break bulk cargo for shipment to Alaska or Hawaii.
• Quotes rates and documents cargo bookings.
• Enters documents into scanning (Imaging) system.
• Rates Bills of Lading using company’ s computer program.
• Answers variety of customer information requests by phone, e-mail, and fax or in person regarding rates, routing, packing procedures and interline transportation procedures.
• Performs audit to ensure accuracy of customer billing.
Experience in transportation or shipping is preferred but will train.
Ability to write clearly and be understood.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees, service partners and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and circumference.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• PC Skills Required: Windows, Word, Excel, Explorer, Outlook
• Keyboard and ten key by touch
• Employee must possess a genuine desire and skill to meet the customer' s needs in the most efficient manner possible.
• Ability to meet a regular work schedule.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as required.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet schedules/deadlines.
• Ability to change focus and job duties in a fast moving, time restricted environment
Salary $17-$18 per hour with great benefits