We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
4717 S 19Th St Tacoma, Washington 98405
SEEKING EXPERIENCED MEDICAL BILLER/COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST
Busy and reputable ophthalmologist’ s office in Tacoma seeks an individual for their billing department.
Main function will be to work in accounts receivables. Majority of your time will be spent calling insurance companies to check up on unpaid claims. Also, you will be in charge of running patient statements and following up with patients who don’ t respond to their statement with phone calls and collection letters till they are about 120 days old. At that time, you will manage the process of sending patients to collections. Additionally, it will be your main responsibility to answer the billing line and answer patient’ s questions about their bill. You will also assist their lead biller as needed with payment posting or charge posting.
• The gumption to not give up on insurance collections— persistence is key. It’ s not your job to make decisions about what is worthy to go after and what to give up on. It is your job to work each claim to the best of their ability and never take no for an answer.
• A soft, compassionate touch with patient collections we are looking for a softer more compassionate touch— you will have the authority to work out payment plans with patients, and/or remove finance charges as you see fit.
• A thick skin— must be able to handle heightened patient interactions regarding their bills and insurance company information that was given to them. Must be able to keep calm, cool, collected in the wake of an unhappy patient.
• The want to be to work every day, on time and ready to work and ready to serve. Must be committed to working a full-time schedule consistently. Absenteeism will not be tolerated.
• Willingness to fill in and help in various areas of the practice as required. It is everyone’ s job to do anything if they are the only ones available to help. We want someone who will provide a helping, genuine presence for the patients and that can sometimes extend beyond job description specific duties.
• Exceptional time management skills
• Advanced data entry and telephone skills
Full medical benefits package with a free pair of glasses on your birthday
Set schedule with consistent hours
SCHEDULE will be approximately 8 AM to 5 PM. Office closes a little early on Fridays. This will be a full-time position with benefits
Please respond to this posting accordingly to be considered for an interview.