We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Aviation Production Supervisor - Kent
Po Box 1187 Kent, WA 98035-1187
Kent valley established aircraft propeller repair company is looking for a Production Supervisor with MRO experience. Are you coming from civilian, Coast Guard or Navy with a personality that can remain calm in a storm and command over the successful management of an aviation repair station? This role oversees the production department with multiple shifts, assisting with employee selection, performance reviews and timecard validation. Recommends staffing adjustments, process modifications while assuring a high level of quality and production of all work produced on the shop floor. Champions LEAN and continuous improvement throughout the production processes and ensure Key Indices for production are attained and maintained.
• Directly supervises all Leads on the plant floor providing guidance on daily operations and administering company work rules.
• Leads with “ Plan, Do, Check, Act” methodology for all departments to remain on time for scheduled delivery due dates.
• Oversees the manufacturing process to ensure products comply with standards of quality and estimated costs.
• Assists with coordinating equipment maintenance, repair and or replacement.
• Has direct oversight of all coordination of production department controls.
• Coordinates activities with inventory control, purchasing, and sales team member to assure success with customer requirements and expectations.
• Reviews team member’ s schedules, work orders and staffing plans and calculates resources needed and allocates them.
• Coordinates implementation of process improvements and conducts weekly gemba walks
• Continuously maps production processes, selects and leads process improvement teams.
• Maintains process improvement data and measures to evaluate results of improvements.
• Implement improvements-based concepts associated with Kaizen and Lean principles.
• Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity.
Ownership of all production departments managing 10 or more direct reports and 50 plus indirect reports.
Bachelor’ s Degree in Business or an applicable technical field.
4 years Production Supervision in Aerospace production repair
Experience within a Union environment desired
4 years FAA Part 145 experience
3 years process improvement techniques, such as Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma
Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Attention to detail, ability to balance multiple work assignments
Organized work habits
Ability to work independently
Proficiency with Contact Management Systems, MS Office Suite etc.
FAA A&P Certificate desired
LEAN Yellow Belt
Salary $82500 - $85k plus bonuses and comprehensive benefit package.