We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Aviation Business Development Engineer
Po Box 1187 Kent, WA 98035-1187
Actively interviewing for a key Business Development Engineer to work closely with the Business Development team on special projects that could provide additional revenue stream for this Kent based aviation company. The engineer will be responsible for taking the notes from the Business Development team and determining if what is being proposed is feasible in reality by taking ownership of process design, development, verification, and validation.
- Primary – Work with business development to research and setup new MRO repair capabilities.
- Primary - Research and implement new equipment and processes to overhaul, repair and manufacture aircraft parts.
- Review requirements and follow new production introduction gated process.
- Design and reverse engineer tooling, equipment, and parts as directed.
- Prepare documents, drawings and specifications for product, tooling and facility requirements.
- Write work instructions, processes and procedures in a timely manner.
- Maintain Engineering Drawings and serve as technical expert on product.
- Study industrial processes, reliability concepts and process capability models.
- Support production, purchasing, quality and plant operations as necessary.
- Creates 3D Models using SolidWorks software.
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Design and reverse engineer aircraft parts, tools, or equipment as directed.
- Prepares documents, drawings, and specifications for product.
- Participates in engineering design reviews.
- Checks drawings for accuracy and released drawings for manufacture.
- Work with FAA DER to approve changes to designs and specifications.
- Writes test plans, reports, OHM, specifications, and other engineering data.
- Assist other engineering staff (production engineer, quality engineer) as needed.
- Filing and scanning engineering documents.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- US Citizenship required per ITAR/EAR regulations
- 2+ years working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Requirements (FARS) as they apply to Repair Stations (Part 145) and PMA ( Part 21).
- 2+ years Lean Process and kaizen event leadership.
- 2+ years experience in an Engineering capacity
- 1+ years AS9100 Experience
Salary range is $67, 850 to $69, 525.00 with quarterly bonuses and comprehensive benefits