We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
1402 NE 136Th Ave Vancouver, WA 98684-0818
ASSOCIATE BUYER NEEDED!
You will work under general supervision, and in accordance with established policies, controls and accepted practices; directs and coordinates the procurement of materials, components, supplies and services essential to the operation of the Company at the most economical costs and of timely delivery with appropriate limits of assigned responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Place orders by telephone, fax or via the operating system, maintain purchase order information in the computer system, and maintain purchase files and records in accordance with the companies policy and procedures.
· Expedite purchase orders by contacting vendors to confirm or establish new delivery dates.
· Notify appropriate departments of change of delivery dates and resolve discrepancies in paper work.
· Effectively utilize computer planning information. Exercise a good working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements.
· Compare vendor prices and delivery history to determine best price and source of materials, obtaining quotations and examining bids.
· Assist with managing the supply base by investigating vendors to establish their reliability and ability as a source of supply.
· Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
· Return rejected material and handles appropriate documentation.
· Expedited deliveries, corrects invoice errors, negotiates scrap credits and adjustments. Processes required correspondence to purchase goods, revise or change purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms and obtain bids.
You must have the ability to: lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally.
Communication is key in this role, the right person will be able to write by hand and keyboard, and communicate by speech and hearing simultaneously.
Visual acuity needed for close detailed work, computer use, and operation of office machines.
· 1 year managing MRO and 2yrs production buying with outside operations preferred.
· AA Degree preferred.
· College courses in Purchasing, Economics, blueprint reading, etc., beneficial.
· Computer experience required, proficient in excel/work required.
· Experience in preparing blanket orders; and utilizing inventory controls pertaining to buying procedures preferred.
· Experience using Oracle/JDEdwards a plus.
Must have Authorization to work in the United States, and be able to have lawful access to controlled technology as required for this position.
Contact Tolan at Opti Staffing to secure your interview today! [email protected]