301 Arctic Slope Ave #100 Anchorage, AK 99518 US
Opening: Apprenticeship Coordinator
Location: Anchorage, AK
Pay: $20.00+ DOE
This leading organization in Alaska is committed to promoting growth and development in the construction and trade industries via apprenticeship programs. The Apprenticeship Coordinator, a key role within this organization, reports to the Director of Apprenticeship and the President. This individual is instrumental in the organization's success, tasked with managing membership and training records, coordinating events, and aiding the day-to-day operations of the apprenticeship program.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Process apprentice actions, including level completions, layoffs, performance reports, and disciplinary measures.
- Respond to issues from apprentices or employers promptly.
- Support Apprenticeship & Craft Training (ACT) Committee meetings and staff meetings.
- Answer questions and provide information on the ACT program.
- Refer issues to the Director of Apprenticeship when needed.
- Assist with tradeshow preparation and outreach.
- Distribute application packets and schedule interviews.
- Notify applicants of interview results and placements.
- Process sponsored apprenticeship applicants.
- Coordinate with employers for proctor identification and test material distribution.
- Handle completion paperwork and collaborate with Mechanical Inspections for journeyman testing.
- Handle applicant packets, data entry, and filing.
- Maintain forms, testing materials, and records according to US Department of Labor guidelines.
- Answer calls and distribute messages.
- Provide support to the President and Director of Apprenticeship.
- Assist with event organization.
- Contribute to team efforts with related office duties.
High School graduate or equivalent.
4-6 years of general office experience.
Proficient in using standard office equipment and processes.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and web-based applications for data entry.
Familiarity with digital products such as Apple.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Strong critical thinking and reasoning abilities.
Pay: $20+ DOE
Medical / Dental / Vision
PTO / Vacation
professional growth opportunities and the chance to make a significant contribution to the development of future trades professionals in Alaska
Just hit the “Apply” button above and you’re half-way home!
Or, send your resume to [email protected] or call 907-222-7004 and we’ll set up a time to meet!
Opti Staffing Group is a locally owned and operated full-service staffing agency that boasts continual growth and innovation. We have six offices located throughout the Pacific Northwest in Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Our focus is on long-term career placement.
Opti is the recruiting partner for some of the country’s leading companies—offering hiring solutions you can’t find anywhere else.
Our recruiters will take the time to get to know you, understand what you’re looking for in a job and then present job opportunities that are a good fit for your skills and experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hi! I am a lifelong Alaskan of 31 years and enjoy spending time with my little family of three. Like most Alaskan’s we like spending time outside going for walks, camping, or just spending a warm day at the lake. Working with Opti for the past almost 7 years has been amazing. I started my career with Opti as an Executive Recruiter specializing in permanent staffing at mid, upper, and executive levels. I loved that I had such an impact on candidates' lives and the Anchorage community. Since then, I have moved into a leadership role and can say it is equally rewarding. I still get to work with candidates and companies in the area, but I also get to teach and develop new recruiters to do the same thing. The Anchorage team is like a second family for me, and (though I may be a bit biased) I can say I have never seen a more dedicated and hard-working team.