We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Air Import Agent
2100 SW River Pkwy Portland, OR 97201
Primary duty is to review and process import transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Duties will include preparation of freight quotes, tracking of freight and invoice processing. The Import Agent performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government regulations. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties
· Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/arrival/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
· Process data through the Company’ s system, and obtain bank releases and other government agency releases as appropriate
· Process arrival notices for incoming shipments
· Work and communicate with customs brokers and logistics providers to resolve any potential issues/delays
· Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, and selecting transportation companies to use.
· Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in the freight forwarding industry or logistics field
· A high level of energy and a " can-do" positive attitude
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills
· Familiarity with Cargowise’ s Enterprise system a plus