We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
5687A Se International Way Milwaukie, OR 97222
General Position Summary:
- Keen attention to detail – this is crucial
- Ability to learn quickly and retain what is learned
- Ability to work within computer applications (basic skills are adequate for most things)
- Ability to work autonomously and self-directed
- Be a team player; know how to ask for help and how to offer it
- Bring a positive attitude to contribute to our culture
The Front Desk Administrative Assistant is pimarily responsible for accurately sending test results to the appropriate customer contacts. Ensuring job folders are kept in order in set filing system. Greeting lab visitors and answering phones. Supporting customer service and other departments where capable.
- Ensure test results reports are sent via email to the appropriate customer contacts.
- Facilitate report revision requests from customers by making changes to reports or working with appropriate personnel to provide clarification to customers.
- Receive and process reports from outsourced vendors by printing, stamping as received, pulling job folders and getting reports approved.
- Maintain Certs email inbox, providing quick response to internal and external customer requests and queries.
- Maintain customer contact email addresses in MATWare and Outlook.
- File all job folders in order of job number.
- Daily filing of completed job folders in temporary storage location.
- Weekly relocation of job folders to storage bay and moving files to storage boxes for long-term retention.
- Retrieval of job folders from storage as needed.
- Locating job folders checked out from Accounting or Certifications.
- Keep general office supplies stocked.
- Take inventory monthly; obtain input from other departments to ensure their general supplies needs are met.
- Create purchase orders in MATWare for multiple vendors and obtain appropriate approvals.Place orders with various suppliers. Maintain contact information for multiple vendors.
- Receive and put away supplies. Keep supply room tidy and organized.
- Facilitate recycling of used toner.
- Collate new file folders to facilitate use by Login.
- Maintain breakroom.
- Monthly purchases from Costco of supplies.
- Restock kitchen supplies as needed (bi-monthly at least).
- Restock vending machines weekly; change out money and ensure proper change is available.
- Facilitiate resolution of problems with vending machines.
- Clean two refrigerators monthly.
- Answer multi-line phones and direct calls appropriately.
- Greet lab visitors and ensure they sign in and obtain visitors badge.
- Distribute daily mail to appropriate recipients.
- Support accounting department by:
- Sorting and counting job folders for weekly biling
- Copying invoices for customers billed weekly and ensuring each job folder includes the appropriate page from the invoice
- Verify invoice balances to accounting tracking sheet in Syteline
- Other tasks as needed
- Record all testing failures in a log file spreadsheet as per established procedures.
- Special projects and all other duties as assigned.
- Sharp attention to detail
- Capacity to work independently and autonomously with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to interface with individuals, groups and diverse cultures
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Decision Making/Problem Solving:
- Limited discretion, able to make decisions or suggestions based on rules or procedures
- Apply skill and knowledge to stable and repetitive situations
- Multiple choice situations in which prior experience with similar problems has shown which choice is most appropriate, selecting from known alternatives
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree or technical/vocational education preferred. Minimum 0-2 years of experience.
MS Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel
Exposure to light industrial testing facility environment. A significant amount of time is spent sitting. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.