We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
1211 Sw 5Th Ave # 1000 Portland, OR 97204-3710
- Primary Responsibilities
This role will be varied and have a broad scope of responsibility, but if we were to narrow it down to three major categories, they would be:
- Manage team of bookkeepers, assuming full responsibility for their training, work assignments, scheduling and performance.
- Serve as an effective consultant to clients; able to discuss strategic and operational effectiveness of their organization.
- Bachelor' s degree from four-year college or university in accounting or finance; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years bookkeeping experience including the processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and month-end close procedures is required
- QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification is required (or commitment to obtain within six-months of employment)
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required
- Proactive, effective English verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong computer skills including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, etc. is required. Experience with Orchestrated Beer, Ekos Brewmaster, SAP Business One is preferred
- Must travel to client sites as needed (travel time is approximately 20% local; 5% out of area)
- Experience working in food and/or beverage industries is strongly preferred
- Experience preparing payroll and sales tax returns strongly preferred
- Experience in a large local/regional or national firm is desirable
- Supervisory experience in oversight of complex client accounting services and/or bookkeeping work and development of new client relationships in a professional services environment is strongly preferred
- A valid Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred
- Onboard new clients, develop relationships, document high-level monthly procedures and eventually hand off those clients to bookkeepers on the team.