510 W. Fireweed Lane Anchorage, AK 99503 US
Opening: Accountant (Construction)
Location: Anchorage, AK
Opti Staffing group is partnering with a locally-owned and operated electrical company based in Anchorage, AK, specializing in providing top-notch electrical services in the construction industry. They pride ourselves on delivering quality and excellence in all we do, from providing timely and efficient services to our clients to fostering a supportive and rewarding work environment for their team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and oversee various accounting operations, including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end tax preparation, and budget vs. actual analysis.
- Support accounts payable and receivable functions, ensuring timely processing and adherence to policies.
- Conduct thorough reviews and analyses of budget and financial data, providing constructive insights and reports to the management team.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manage payroll processes, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Collaborate with project managers to track, manage, and analyze project costs against budgets, providing financial insights to support project financial management.
- Perform periodic internal audits and assist in external audits, ensuring adherence to company, local, and federal financial guidelines and regulations.
- Work towards continuously improving accounting processes and procedures.
Proven experience as an accountant, preferably within the construction industry.
Solid understanding of accounting principles, fair credit practices, and financial data analysis.
Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, and familiarity with relevant accounting software. Experience with Sage 100 Contractor is preferred but not required.
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Medical / Dental / Vision
PTO / Vacation
Just hit the “Apply” button above and you’re half-way home!
Or, send your resume to [email protected] or call 907-222-7004 and we’ll set up a time to meet!
Opti Staffing Group is a locally owned and operated full-service staffing agency that boasts continual growth and innovation. We have six offices located throughout the Pacific Northwest in Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Our focus is on long-term career placement.
Opti is the recruiting partner for some of the country’s leading companies—offering hiring solutions you can’t find anywhere else.
Our recruiters will take the time to get to know you, understand what you’re looking for in a job and then present job opportunities that are a good fit for your skills and experience
Meet Your Recruiter
Hi! I am a lifelong Alaskan of 31 years and enjoy spending time with my little family of three. Like most Alaskan’s we like spending time outside going for walks, camping, or just spending a warm day at the lake. Working with Opti for the past almost 7 years has been amazing. I started my career with Opti as an Executive Recruiter specializing in permanent staffing at mid, upper, and executive levels. I loved that I had such an impact on candidates' lives and the Anchorage community. Since then, I have moved into a leadership role and can say it is equally rewarding. I still get to work with candidates and companies in the area, but I also get to teach and develop new recruiters to do the same thing. The Anchorage team is like a second family for me, and (though I may be a bit biased) I can say I have never seen a more dedicated and hard-working team.