We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Portland, OR 97232
The Order Entry Representative assists both trade professionals and homeowners. A spirit of inquiry and a passion for providing great customer service are a plus.
We are a niche home renovation e-commerce retailer with a strong and loyal customer base. As a stable, 17-year old privately-held company, we are not subject to the wild swings of " Start Up" life. Our employees value collaboration customer service and hard work, accompanied by a work/life balance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Taking customer sales orders over the telephone and online website orders.
• Providing customers with thorough, accurate information with regard to hardware sold by the organization.
• Edit and change telephone and internet-based sales orders electronically through NetSuite.
• Responding to employee and customer inquiries in a timely, professional manner over the telephone and via email.
• Effective communication within Sales Department and other company departments.
• Accurately enter in data provided by customers into the ERP (database) system following all sales department protocols and procedures.
• Ability to make decisions on when to pass on complex orders including custom requests, repair/alterations and parts sales to Hardware Specialists.
• Answer order status, defective hardware, incomplete order questions when Customer Service Department is not available by entering a case in the operating system.
• Effectively communicate with other departments to support the customer’ s needs
• Thoroughly understand warranty, returns and damage claims policies and processes.
• Attend weekly sales meetings and report on weekly sales.
• Returning and escalation of voicemails as needed based on content
• Support of other customer contact channels
• Support of new sales programs or project initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’ s Degree preferred.
• Two to three years’ customer service experience.
• One or more years’ sales experience preferred.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel other MS Office products - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access
• NetSuite experience or similar ERP software.
• Industry related experience a major plus in areas such as Home Improvement, house hardware, electrical, lighting, plumbing, doors, windows, millwork, etc.
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Strong work ethic, activity level, initiative and integrity
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Ability to type at least 50 words per minute while answering customer phone calls.
• Wearing a headset throughout majority of the workday in order to handle inbound and outbound telephone calls.
Pay: $13-17/hr depending on experience level
Benefits: PTO accrues from day 1, 401k up to 3%, 80% covered Med/Dental covered.