We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Operations Master - Lean Black Belt
This position is responsible for driving the implementation of Operational Improvement Strategies (Strategic A3s) for Operations to enable plant facilities to achieve safety, quality and cost productivity goals. This position will also drive the implementation of Operational Excellence (OPEX) based on Lean Tools (tiered daily management systems, visual management, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture. Must work closely with operational and functional leadership across Diversified Products and other Business Units to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support OPEX as the way we do business.
As a member of the Operations Leadership Team, this role will drive the implementation of OPEX and Strategic A3s to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience and increase employee engagement. This position has an initial CI objective of an annual $15M cost savings. The position partners with key stakeholders to establish and implement plans via strategy deployment tools to improve systems, improve profitability and eliminate waste. It involves coaching specific teams in the development and maturity of the lean management system, strategy deployment, and leader standard work.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Lead a team of CI professionals who work with operations and functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient
· With the four distinctively different segments within Diversified Products and multiple platforms, strategies can be different in each segment leading to the complexity of this role
· CI Strategies for this business are not limited to manufacturing
· Responsible for leading the implementation of Strategic A3s and OPEX
· Cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality and measure key metrics to drive results
· Implement Lean Management System principles as appropriate to transform the culture into one focused on continuous improvement
· Improve the decision-making model and problem-solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change
· Work closely with business leadership to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support business goals
· Business and Operational strategy experience
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
· A Lean Expert with 5+ years’ experience and a ‘ hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based business systems including elements such as:
o Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
o Strategy Deployment and Value-stream mapping
o Kaizen events on standard work, process and product management, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing
· Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process
· A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems
· Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams
· Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment
· Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams
· Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills
· Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
· Education: Bachelor' s Degree Engineering or related field
· Master’ s Degree preferred
· Process improvement experience with Formal Lean, Six Sigma Training - PMP certification a plus
· Experience with process mapping, statistical and reporting tools (Visio, Minitab, Sigma Excel, Tableau, Excel, etc.)