Welder - Intermediate (Large Containers)
JOB TITLE: Welder – Intermediate (Large Containers)
REPORTS TO: Drop Box Welding Lead
SCHEDULE: Mon – Fri, 6: 00 am – 2: 30 pm
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for fitting and welding all types and styles of drop boxes and large containers.
- Fit and weld drop box containers.
- Operate overhead cranes, moving material and parts in a safe manner.
- Operate Oxy/Acetylene cutting torch.
- Operate a compressed air grinder.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to set-up and operate Wire Feed (Mig) machines.
- Minimum 1 year welding experience.
- Have flexibility and be able to switch tasks as needed on short notice.
- Ability to take work instructions and carry them out with minimal supervision.
- Work together as a team.
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and prints.
- Ability to work safely on ladders and/or platforms.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Excellent attendance.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 40 lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 45 – 85 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Work in an industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, steel-toed shoes, hard hat, and protective welding gear.
Ability to wear a fit-tested respirator.