Structures Estimator - Infrastructure
Structures Estimator – Infrastructure
This is a direct hire opportunity through Opti Staffing
Infrastructure Estimator needed for a growing construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’ re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner.
As a member of our Infrastructure group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: roadways, highways and interchanges; bridges and overpasses; water and wastewater treatment facilities; transmission lines; general/public transportation including airports, seaports and light rail transit lines (LRTs); and conventional and alternative power generation like wind farms and district energy facilities. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Design-Build, P3 (Public-Private Partnership), Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
The Structures Estimator reports directly to the Chief Estimator in our Infrastructure group and will be responsible for performing all facets of an estimate including quantities, costing and sub-trade analysis for presentation and final review of major items. This position will direct the work activities of other Estimators as required.
As a Structures Estimator you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of the bidding process, including take offs
- Adapt toward estimating infrastructure construction on a project basis
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work including scheduling and project planning
- Develop detailed knowledge of market labor and equipment rates
- Prepare detailed estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work
- Prepare final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing and completeness
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current and accurate information on prices from suppliers
- Share Graham’ s values about teamwork, safety, productivity and quality
- Support continuous improvement through internal and external partnerships built on Graham’ s motto of commitment, integrity and reliability
To be Successful you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Civil, Structural, CM or related technical degree.
- 3 or more years estimating experience in a medium to large general contractor, working on infrastructure estimating projects $5m-100m in value.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Opportunity for ownership and increased income through dividends and share equity increases
- 15% of annual profits are paid out in bonuses
- Excellent Health & Dental benefits plan, Life insurance, AD&D. LTD and Flex Plan
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching upon eligibility
- 12 paid holidays a year
- 3 to 5 weeks of vacation per year, with credit for prior industry experience
- Professional and career development opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America