We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
This position fabricates sheet metal parts, equipment, and products. This is a cross functional position within the Fabrication department.
1. Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations.
2. Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system.
3. Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
4. Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and completed work.
5. Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, presses, lasers, to cut, bend, or straighten materials
6. Grinds, deburrs, and smooth’ s surfaces, using hand tools and portable power tools.
7. Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from supervisor/lead.
8. Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
9. Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
10. Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment, report deficiencies to the maintenance team.
11. Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
1. 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly desired.
2. Basic knowledge and understanding of fabrication, hydraulic press, punch operations, laser and/or plasma operations including basic set up is desired.
3. Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
4. Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
5. Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
6. Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
7. Previous experience with overhead crane use is desired.
8. Ability to operate a forklift.
9. Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
10. Good verbal and written communication skills.
11. Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
12. Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
13. Ability to work well in a fast paced environment to meet team expectations.
14. Commitment to quality and accuracy of work performed.
15. Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
16. Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
17. Safety conscious behavior.
18. Excellent attendance.
1. Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs frequently.
2. Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
3. Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
4. Ability to work in a 55 – 85 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
5. Work in a fast paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, hard hat, steel-toed shoes and other appropriate protective clothing.