We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Quality Assurance Inspector
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Inspector
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Manager
SCHEDULE: Mon – Fri, 6: 00 am – 2: 30 pm
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for inspecting and documenting first run parts and randomly inspecting production parts on the shop floor.
- Measure parts using scales, tape, calipers, height gauge and surface plate.
- Measure parts with the Virtek laser scanner.
- Document nonconformities.
- Record inspection and process results in varying customer formats.
- Monitor the M & T Equipment program.
- Moving checked parts to designated areas using a forklift.
- G.E.D. or High School diploma equivalency.
- One year previous quality assurance inspection experience.
- Ability to read basic mechanical drawings (1 part, 3 view) and complex drawings (multiple part section views).
- Understand GD&T.
- Understand and perform bend allowance calculations.
- Ability to do inch – metric conversion.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems (i.e. ISO/TS).
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to communicate with technical staff, management and shop floor personnel.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Excellent attendance.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 55 – 88 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Work in an industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, hard hat and steel-toed shoes.