The Manager of Purchasing is responsible for the administration of all processes and procedures related to the acquisition of goods and provision of services, including soliciting bids, evaluating and selecting vendors, negotiating pricing and other contractual terms, and placing purchase orders. Additionally, the Manager of Purchasing is responsible for making ongoing improvements to the purchasing process, including implementing changes that generate cost savings or enhance internal controls.
• Negotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives
• Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price
• Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, distribution capabilities, and the supplier' s reputation
• Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices
• Produce and maintain purchasing reports
• Oversee the maintenance of our parts and pricing database
• 5+ years of work experience purchasing, accounts payable, or a related field
• Proven history of effective supply management
• Ability to create and administer a task priority list based on company needs
• Experience with both restaurant/retail and wholesale operations is a plus
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Intermediate analytical, problem solving, and reporting skills
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and proactive approach that is results focused
• Computer skills; spreadsheet and word processing software capabilities.
• Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal skills including ability to deliver well written reports and business correspondence.