POSITION: PURCHASING ASSISTANT | RECEPTIONIST
PAY: $15 PER HOUR
SCHEDULE: 8: 00 AM TO 4: 30 PM
Under the direction of the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor assists buyers, purchasing and managers writing purchase orders and managing inventory. Researches suppliers to determine which ones fit company pricing and quality objectives. Acquires new skills and learns policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. Receives close supervision on assignments and interactions with customers and callers. In addition this position is responsible for assisting in the oversight of production materials purchasing and material inventory control. Entry level business support.
The Customer Success Representative provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, providing data entry support, order entry support, bag quotation support, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, filing and filing retrieval, requisition of supplies as well as any additional clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
As PURCHASING ASSISTANT 50%
Under supervision of the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
- Performs purchasing duties of limited scope and authority
- Responsible for controlling stock or materials on hand in the department or company
- Maintains detailed inventory records
- Place orders for items that have become depleted
- Prepares reports as needed to forecast estimates of goods for current and future use
- May furnish data to forecast estimates and schedules
- Assists Customer Service Representative with clerical duties as needed
- Perform other related duties as required
As RECEPTIONIST 50%
Under supervision of the Sales Supervisor
- Represent the company both in person and by phone, in a friendly and professional manner while adhering to the highest levels of service at all times.
- Welcome and offer refreshments to guests.
- Manage reception/front desk security and daily maintenance of reception area appearance.
- Answer/Route incoming calls efficiently and quickly.
- Sort and, where appropriate, open and distribute incoming mail.
- Coordinate outgoing mail, overnight packages and courier service.
- Copy, fax, email, and courier documents as needed.
- Provides public with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Files incoming hard copy and electronic materials such as mail orders, accounts payable, and open account documentation according to file system.
- Provides primary data entry, order entry, bag quotations and correspondence support for customer service and assists in support of other departments as required.
- Reviews information contained in files, completes vouchers, keep files current, and supplies information from file data or remove files upon request.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies. Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, and collating.
- Be professionally attired at all times, and exhibit a clean, neat and polished appearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
2 to 5 years of relevant experience in office setting and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience with focus on correspondence, filing and office procedures.
Strong interpersonal skills for dealing effectively with diverse employees, vendors and customers.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word & Outlook) and electronic data processing.
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of operation of office equipment.
- Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public.
- Ability to perform assigned duties thoroughly and accurately.
- Ability to perform assignments as expected and agreed.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in accordance to the office setting.
- Ability to maintain prompt and regular attendance.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
AREAS OF COMPETENCY
Performs research to problems, separating the symptoms from the actual cause, and identifies opportunities to correct the situation. Completes assignments on time and accurately. Suggests opportunities for quality/process improvements.
- Project Management
Identifies and communicates the need for resources for tasks or areas assigned. Adheres to established processes and standards. Monitors progress of tasks against plan and reports status on project issues.
- Organizational Effectiveness
Adheres to company mission, vision and policies. Demonstrates knowledge about product/service lines including financial importance.
- Customer/Supplier Relations
Understands the basics of customer satisfaction and applies it in the process of servicing the customer. Communicates customer feedback to senior team members for action. Understands and follows internal processes to respond to customer needs. Suggests improvements or issues with processes. Answers all inquiries on a timely basis.
Understands and applies basic accounting standards. Communicates feedback to senior team members for action. Understands and follows internal processes. Suggests improvements or issues with processes. Answers all inquiries on a timely basis.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Performance Effectiveness
Responds with a sense of urgency. Completes assigned tasks in prescribed times, asking for help when required. Follows directions and asks for clarification of assignments. Understands quality standards for own work and checks own work.
Writes and speaks clearly in all communications. Consistently shares ideas during meetings. Chooses the appropriate time and place to deliver a message based on subject matter and the audience. Listens carefully to others and asks questions to gain or clarify understanding.
- Team Orientation
Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles and roles. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members as required.
- Developing Others
Shares personal work experiences with coworkers as required.
Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work. Represents the company and department in a positive light. Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities and challenging the status quo.
Makes and keeps commitments. Demonstrates strong work ethic.
- Change Management
Accepts and adapts to change. Questions the status quo by asking " Why?"
Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental activities and proactively seek assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in an office environment with frequent visits to manufacturing operations. Daily exposure to PC. May require long work hours.
There is potential exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals. Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.