We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Our client is seeking an Expeditor with previous experience in a manufacturing environment (metals or plastics) to assist the Production Department. This is a full-time, long-term contract position. This is an IMMEDIATE need. Day shift hours. MUST HAVE PRIOR ERP/MRP EXPERIENCE.
- Compiles and maintains material and parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of kits between production areas, according to predetermined production schedules and order priorities.
- Reads production schedules, inventory reports, and job orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine overdue material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
- Locates and distributes kits to specified production areas, manually or using a handtruck.
- May compile and maintains records, such as production reports, production records, and timecards, manually or using computer.
- May examine material received, verify part numbers, and check discrepancies, such as damaged or unmarked parts.
- May compare job order specifications to material used at work stations to verify appropriate assignments.
Essential Functions of the job/minimum required skills:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- MRP/ERP system experience REQUIRED
- Ability to learn manufacturing safety practices
- Record job tracking
- Be able to communicate issues related to work
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs.
- Other duties as directed.
- Perform R&D work as directed
- Full-time attendance is required
- Basic computer skills required
- Noise and plastic chips from the equipment as they are in use.
- Requires safety glasses
- Requires compliance with company safety policy and procedures.
Qualified candidates will be contacted immediately for an initial interview!