We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Since its inception in 1989, our company has been focused on being more than the largest multi-service painting company in the Western United States. We’ re focused on being the best. Whether your project is commercial, industrial or marine, we have the experience to plan, apply and maintain the latest in paint and specialty coating technology to insure the protection, beauty and durability of your project. Our office is growing! And we are now looking for a driven, detail oriented individual to facilitate payroll and assist with numerous other payroll related tasks.
- MUST have a background in CONSTRUCTION payroll
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer' s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments. Process weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual tax payments for both Federal and State
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for over 300 employees; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Process payroll tax returns for Federal and State on quarterly and annual basis
- Make contributions to benefit programs as needed such as 401k, Health, Dental and Aflac
- Create W2’ s on annual basis
- Compile union wage reports on monthly basis and make payments
- Maintain and validate vacation / personal time in accounting software on consistent basis
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance required, Accounting Degree preferred
- Three plus years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions; Three years additional payroll office experience in lieu of Associate' s degree
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Wanted but not needed/ someone with HR experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40, 000.00 to $50, 000.00 /year