Territory: North Seattle to Canada
Position Purpose: The primary objective of this position is to establish, cultivate and nurture relationships with customers by delivering quality metal solutions that drive customer success.
Major Duties: Grow sales volume and market share in the assigned territory by:
- Building strong partnerships with existing customer base to increase their profitability through their relationship.
- Grow value added services with current customers – Expand business with current customers through vertical integration and supply programs with a focus on moving the relationship from a transaction basis to a fully integrated partnership.
- Expand customer base. Educate new accounts about our available services and capabilities.
- Build business opportunities by determining current and potential customer’ s needs looking at existing supply chain issues and by creating solutions to support the customer’ s business. Develop and build relationships.
- Create partnership with the Inside Sales Team to maximize customer service and enhance the customer experience.Utilize and direct all resources of the company (inside sales, operations, credit and logistics) to assure a successful partnership.
- Actively engage in the problem solving process with Customer and internal resources when issues arise.
- Obtain and provide market information to assist customers.
- Assume responsibility for providing prompt, detailed and actionable information related to all phases of customer service.
- Identify and know your competition. Research competitors in the territory to identify strengths and weaknesses. Use that information to develop a strategy to build market share.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have valid drivers license, with a clean driving record
- BA/BS in Business, Communications or other relevant field preferred.
- Previous sales experience required in steel, manufacturing or other related business.
- Steel product knowledge through steel service center, fabrication shop, manufacturing operation or mill is critical.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with computers and related sales performance tracking tools.
- Basic mathematic skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven track record of success in building strong customer relationships and improving market saturation.