Maintenance Technician - Journey level
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician - Journey level
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
SCHEDULE: Base schedule Days, Mon – Fri, 7: 00 am – 3: 30 pm
(Flexible Time authorized to respond to plant needs)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible performing technical tasks and general building maintenance on the company’ s facilities and equipment as part of the Maintenance Team. This is a hands-on mechanical technical position.
- Perform technical work tasks as assigned to: complete maintenance projects, resolve emergency breakdowns and conduct equipment preventive maintenance and procure local repair parts.
- Troubleshoot and execute mechanical repair of: forklifts, plant manufacturing equipment and minor building maintenance issues, with guidance from Team Lead-man and Plant Management.
- Ensure that all assigned maintenance activities are performed safely and effectively in accordance with Plant procedures.
- Work with area lead to plan, source and procure replacement parts in support of maintenance objectives.
- Accurately record time worked and parts expenditure on equipment servicing or repair on online computer network system.
- Assist equipment manufacturer factory level support personnel or contracted technicians on plant equipment service and/or repair.
- Participate in the technical training of production personnel to perform assigned preventative maintenance and routine equipment cleaning in a safe manner.
- Maintain and repair plant pneumatic hand power tools.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks general facilities equipment and plant production work center machines.
- Minimum 3 years experience in maintenance of manufacturing equipment, preferably in a steel fabrication or heavy manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent mechanical and fair electrical troubleshooting background.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing: mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must be familiar with basic building electrical and facility maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret machine manuals, equipment blueprints and some familiarity with electrical schematics.
- Strong orientation toward safety, quality and task completion in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and use initiative to meet team expectations.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule hours to maintain Plant operations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to effectively respond to change.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- Computer proficiency for record keeping and communication is highly desried.
- Ability to operate a forklift and 40 ft. (vertical reach) aerial man lift (training provided).
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Excellent attendance record.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Working knowledge and understanding of industrial lasers, hydraulic press brakes, hydraulic & mechanical shears and welding equipment.
- Operational experience working with CNC manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in moving, set up, tear down and calibration manufacturing equipment.
- Practical knowledge of industrial painting systems.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 40 lbs occasionally.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward occasionally.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 55 – 85 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Work in an industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection and steel-toed shoes.
- Visual acuity; able to read precision measuring instruments.