We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
The recent growth in the local manufacturing sector has created many new jobs.
We' re looking to fill several machinist positions of all levels.
• Under general supervision, conducts the following:
• Uses established practices to ensure Quality during operation including documentation and techniques.
• Monitors machine performance.
• Performs preventative maintenance as required.
• Performs general set-ups to ensure maximum utilization.
• Mentors and trains Machinist 1.
• Troubleshoot problems under the guidance of Machinist 3.
• Work with Machinist 3 and Process Engineers to improve Cell processes.
• Generally requires 2-4 years CNC equipment operating experience.
• Ability to operate machine tools safely and understand set-up instructions.
• Familiar with basic blueprint reading or ability to acquire blueprint reading skills.
• Familiar with basic Inspection techniques and processes, or ability to learn and understand them.
• Basic knowledge of general manufacturing equipment.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Basic math skills
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read, understand and complete all documentation.
• General Duties
Create setup forms with tooling details and work-holding plans.
• Create programs to control the operation sequence and cycling of CNC milling and turning centers.
• Program correct operational sequences, tooling changes, machine movements, & cycle speeds.
• Utilize drawings or CAD models to support program development.
• Utilize CAM software to produce programs.
• Support process optimization and machine utilization with updates as necessary.
• Provide input on process decisions and strategies.
• Experience programming using CAM software.
• Experience performing full set-ups, program edits, and holding tolerances as tight as +/- .0001"
• Complete understanding of machine control management, including mastering of all machine code terminology, usage, along with macro programming usage
• Awareness of cutting tool technology, to support application optimization
• Complete understanding and awareness of measurement tool usage
• Complete understanding of work-holding strategies and usage
• Ability to communicate application status both to department team to shop level associates, in terms of application status, issues, and requirements.
• Trouble-shooting skills and ability to think critically.
• Must be able to work independently, but also demonstrate an ability to work productively within the department team.
• Ability to read prints and update paperwork neatly, accurately, and in an organized manner.