Lead Civil Estimator - Infrastructure
Lead Civil Infrastructure Estimator needed for a growing construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’ re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner.
As a member of our Infrastructure group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: roadways, highways and interchanges; bridges and overpasses; water and wastewater treatment facilities; transmission lines; general/public transportation including airports, seaports and light rail transit lines (LRTs); and conventional and alternative power generation like wind farms and district energy facilities. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Design-Build, P3 (Public-Private Partnership), Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery). The Lead Civil Estimator will have an in-depth knowledge of construction estimates including quantities, costing and sub-trade analysis.
As a Lead Civil Estimator you will:
- Estimate Civil project typically described as mid to high level
- Evaluate multiple sub-trade execution strategies and estimates
- Be accountable and responsible for accuracy and compliance of assigned estimate
- Complete operations specific estimates (by type and area of work of operations unit)
- Complete the entire proposal package submission.
- Manage all financial aspects of the preconstruction process, including conceptual estimating, budgeting, procurement, risk management and estimating
- Understand and advise on overall construction plan, including schedule, constructability and logistics, together with their impact on project costs
- Develop and maintain specific Project Risk & Opportunity Schedule, including chairing meetings with the project team
- Contribute to assembly of proposal documents
- Collaborate with Operations or Construction Manager to develop, recommend, and implement the project execution plan after being awarded the project
- Complete post-bid analyses on jobs bid
To be Successful at Graham, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Post Secondary Education - 2 years minimum (technical school, university or trade certificate)
- 10 years experience in Estimating
- In-depth knowledge of construction materials and techniques.
- Clear and thorough understanding of RFQ General Conditions, terms and conditions
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills
- The ability to make timely and rational decisions under pressure
Compensation and Benefits:
- Opportunity for ownership and increased income through dividends and share equity increases
- 15% of annual profits are paid out in bonuses
- Excellent Health & Dental benefits plan, Life insurance, AD&D. LTD and Flex Plan
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- 12 paid holidays a year
- 3 to 5 weeks of vacation per year, with credit for prior industry experience
- Professional and career development opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America