We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
This position provides administrative, clerical and technical support to the HR Support function. Partners with Operations, Human Resources and Payroll to ensure coordination of projects and activities. Maintains critical HR Support and employee dispatch records and acts as an important connection between production employees, supervisors and Human Resources throughout the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’ s overall responsibilities)
- Maintains Kronos Human Resources/Payroll system to document employee status, work assignment and compiles and formats data from Kronos and various data sources and prepares reports; prepares staffing reports for posting and distribution to supervisors, managers and others; recommends modifications to processes as needed.
- Processes staffing requests to include, preparing paperwork and dispatch requests to appropriate unions, initiating phone calls to unions and recalled employees and documenting through a spreadsheet or other documentation efforts to secure staffing through unions and/or by using Applicant Tracking system for posting jobs and applicant tracking.
- Interacts with Human Resources to arrange various selection processes such as scheduling interviews, contacting applicants, and tracking results.
- Assist employees with timecard and timekeeping instructions; weekly paycheck distribution; weekly time entry processing; answers questions about job assignment locations; checks the attendance call in line and records employees reporting absent; maintains attendance records and reports to Operations Team when employees exceed standards.
- Facilitates the processing of new employees by administering first day activities such as new employee packets, review of documents for completeness, routing to first aid for required testing and safety orientation.
- Gains and applies thorough understanding of all collective bargaining agreements to respond employee questions, assure application of provisions and benefits to employees.
- Performs related administrative functions such as answering telephones, emails, providing information, processing unemployment claims, filing copying and delivering documents; ordering and assuring supplies are present; assisting other support staff when appropriate and performs related duties as assigned.
The position works under set guidelines, but must use sound judgment and make decisions that in determining the appropriate actions based on the specific situation. The individual performs under minimal supervision. The role is responsible for performing clerical tasks for the department. Also handles and is responsible for the hourly craft resource staffing process from the receipt of craft needs through the employee onboarding process to meet production needs. Failure to meet the expectations of responsibilities could jeopardize production efficiency and profitability due to lack of craft resources.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
Interactions are internal with managers, supervisors and hourly craft employees on a daily basis as well as externally with applicants, union hiring referral representatives and other referral sources.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and skill to use PC applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases; data analysis and report writing.
- Knowledge of human resources principles and employee record keeping.
- Ability to understand the staffing needs of a shipyard including applicable terminology.
- Ability to troubleshoot and research paycheck and/or timecard errors.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with those encountered in the course of work both orally and in writing.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability and skill to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make accurate and timely decisions.
- Ability to meet defined deadlines and time constraints.
- Skill and ability to work under pressure while handling multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexibility, energy and a positive attitude.
- Skill in prioritizing tasks in an environment of changing time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to provide strong customer service to others encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to quickly learn processes procedures and guidelines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required.
Minimum of two years of experience in a Customer Service or Human Resources role with demonstrated knowledge of office procedures and practices. Knowledge of Kronos Workforce Timekeeper, Human Resource and Payroll modules is preferred.