We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Database Hybrid 60% development and 40% Operation
Striving to revolutionize the insurance space, we have become a top insurance brokerage firm that places technology and innovation at the core of its business. We have built insurance searching technology, which was founded to provide insurance consumers quick and easy access to life insurance.
We are seeking an independent Database Administrator to lead our Bellevue location. This technologist will have the ability to facilitate through our core business applications; understanding the full end to end, automated life insurance process. With the ability and need to standardize our environment, this role will be moldable and in a position to enhance our systems, process, and overall efficiency.
The Database Administrator is a hybrid database analyst/developer/administrator opportunity. The Database Administrator will be mainly responsible for 3 core areas:
- Analysis of underlying content and constructs to support legacy applications
- Developer involvement to support existing automation and facilitate automation as possible
- Database administration for development and operations including architecting for future needs
5-years experience. $100k to $115K per year
This role is a hybrid consisting of 60% development and 40% Operation
- SQL Development ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2008 and higher)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, extended events, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication
- SQL Database Operational support to tech users
- Participate in developer code review and production deployments
- Experience with Windows and MS SQL Server family (2005 - 2016)
- Experience with Compliance Best Practices, User Account management, Database Security, and Information Security
- Experience in Creating and Optimizing Database Queries, Indexes, Stored Procedures, and Views
- Able to deploy and upgrade complex databases, including interfacing with source control and change control in order to standardize and automate as possible
- Experience in Database Backup, Recovery, Replication, and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with the following technologies: Jira, Novo, Confluence, VMware, Firewall, Active Directory, AWS, and Power Shell is a plus
- Solid development background desired in SQL
- Person who is: Self-motivated, accountable, flexible, and takes ownership
- Ability to follow standard processes and communicate effectively with the team regarding technical, progress and critical issue