Controller/Full Charge Bookkeeper
Commercial General Contractor is seeking qualified individual for Full Charge Bookkeeper/General Office Administration.
- Software accounting through general ledger, day-to-day accounting transactions, including Payroll, A/P, A/R, G/L and Journal Entries, and job costing.
- General office administration & clerical tasks
- Assist all office staff with other routine office administration procedures
- Accounting experience conforming to accounting theory, concepts and practices
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in construction full charge bookkeeping/ accounting through general ledger, to include data entry of A/P invoices, Job Costing and Subcontract controls, preparation of Schedule of Values A/R Billing formats, processing of payroll, including quarterly/annual reports and W-2’ s, maintaining check register and balances with fund transfers, receivable postings and deposits, G/L journal entries through balance statement, preparing accounting records for CPA’ s preparation of year-end tax returns
- Maxwell Accounting Software specific to Construction Accounting (helpful but not a requirement)
- Familiarity to AIA Documentation
- Calculator/10-key Proficiency
- Daily routine office procedures including multi-line phone, set up & maintain filing, manage office supplies and machines, copies, postage machine, opening & disbursing mail
- Preparation of customer AIA contracts and subcontracts & material purchase orders
- Self motivated with good interpersonal skills
- Strong emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge in Microsoft applications, including Outlook/Word/ Excel (complex tables/ formulas) and Publisher
- Good Organizational, verbal and written communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to balance workload and prioritize multiple work deadlines
- Multi-line phone/intercom system experience
Full-time - Monday thru Friday - 8: 00AM to 5: 00 PM. Well disciplined to start work promptly at 8: 00 AM everyday to open the office.
$20.00-$25.00 per hour DOE (6 month probation period) 50k-55k per year. Medical, Dental. No 401K
Employer reserves the right at their discretion to schedule background checks and drug testing.