We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Contract Position - Accounting / Controller
Are you looking to make a great next move in your career? We have a wonderful, family-oriented fisherman business in Seattle with a contract position (from now-March 2018). If you are looking for a contract position with a positive, can-do attitude type of team, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! Please refer to the description below:
Creativity & Innovation: Injects originality into daily work and generates many new and unique ideas. Thinks " outside the box" and is seen as original and value-added in brainstorming ideas. Creates competitive and breakthrough solutions.
Collaboration: Collaborates positively to achieve team and company objectives. Works effectively within a diverse environment and builds strong relationships that helps and supports fellow employees in contributing to the overall success of the company.
Bachelors degree or equivalent; four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
B.A. in Accounting
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
CPA or CMA preferred.
Four years experience in a process manufacturing setting with primary focus and responsibilities as a cost accountant or manufacturing analyst in a standard cost environment, Food Industry a plus. Considerable strength in Excel and financial analysis skills. You must have experience working in an ERP environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees and senior management of the organization. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; and able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use decision making skills, creativity, independent judgment, discretion, and problem analysis. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal skills and team work. The employee will regularly speak and read English, and use customer service skills.
Job Summary: Directs financial activities of an organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
1. Manufacturing work order accounting and variance analysis, capital investment analysis, month end accounting close activities and statement preparation.
2. Manufacturing analysis and special projects, function as a close financial partner with business unit manager, the manufacturing team and corporate finance.
3. Provides accounting support and direction to the managers.
4. Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
5. Prepares budgets.
6. Reviews budget proposals.
7. Prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
8. Directs preparation and implementation of manufacturing standards.
9. Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
10. Provides management with timely reviews of organization' s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
11. Prioritizes and organizes assigned tasks under strict deadlines.
12. Establish and monitor accounting controls, including maintenance and review of all Bills of Material.
13. Accumulating and recording defined period plant costs and monitoring cost and inventory variances and reporting to management for the plant.
14. Ensures the accuracy of monthly closing of books, including preparation of month-end journal entries and maintaining the general ledger.
15. Perform analysis of all plant costs and variances. Preparation of plant cost statements.
16. Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Organizational Core Competencies:
Customer Focus: Builds customer confidence by ensuring expectations and commitments are met. Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationship with internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind and values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
Integrity & Trust: Sets an example by consistently modeling high standards of honesty and integrity. Is widely trusted and is seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents information in an appropriate and helpful manner. Maintains a reputation for honesty, confidentiality, reliability and fairness. Is willing to admit mistakes and doesn' t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Getting Results (" Can Do" Spirit): Performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive action when an opportunity presents itself.
Please contact Cynthia and Ally at 206.788.4200 for any questions! We look forward to meeting you.