We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Construction Manager with a strong background in land development and civil construction to become a part of our growing team. The ideal candidate should possess strong communication skills, be highly organized, a good problem solver, efficient, have a good attention to detail and a team player. The role of the Construction Manager position will oversee management of construction activities, bidding, budgets, estimates and contracts. Direct construction activities including, trade contractor management / coordination, inspection of work in place and governmental relations.
- Direct bid package preparation ensuring accuracy &completeness; prepare Bid Tabulations & offer suggestions for selections by owners; direct preparation of contracts for awarded bids
- Direct activities including scheduling, budgeting and bidding
- Review request for changes and provide approval
- Manage / Oversee Civil Construction activities on the project site
- Provide problem resolution should problems arise
- Attend construction walks
- Monitor dust control issues
- Create schedules for all phases of work including pre-construction activities, construction activities and coordination of utility construction as needed for bidding and estimating
- Review field inspections for quality & quantity of work; spot check quality of contractors work
- Interact with owners/consultants/municipalities/contractors at meetings, jobsites & on phone
- Maintain current list of qualified bidders; solicit new bidders based on completed and reviewed qualification packages
- Maintain current list of suppliers for special inspections and equipment
- Assist engineers in plan preparation for new projects to reduce the chance for conflicts during construction and to provide value engineering input
- Oversee monthly budget review and invoice approval by staff
- Support staff in paperwork preparation, distribution & filing in accordance with published policies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction field management or approved equivalent
- Strong knowledge of scheduling, budgeting and design of construction projects, construction quality standards and methods of construction
- Strong leadership, people and communication skills
- Ability to identify and solve complex construction scheduling and coordination situations
- College degree in Construction related field preferred.