Construction Junior Project Manager/ Field Engineer
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity Through Opti Staffing Group
If you’ re an organized and reliable Project Manager with 2 to 3 years of practical experience in your tool belt, we’ d like consider you for this team! We are looking for a Junior Project Manager to oversee projects, development of project budgets, schedules, as well as manage subcontractors, scope of work and job safety for our projects.
Come join our diverse group of professionals with decades of experience providing innovative, successful, and award winning projects in the Design | Build (D&B) environment that specializes in public works. As the east-side client base continues to expand we are looking for an individual unafraid to tackle any task. This is a unique opportunity to explore your potential and be rewarded with generous incentives, professional development opportunities with a spirited, supportive working environment and motivated team players. You’ re an independent minded go-getter that wants to step in, learn and take ownership of projects. With your get-it-done attitude you’ ll thrive in this growing and supportive team!
Experience with two of the following project types preferred: K-12 Schools, Higher Ed, Banks, Retail, Office Buildings, Religious, and Industrial.
- Well-rounded experience with all phases of a project, including document production and construction administration; client and subcontractor relations, team collaboration, project scheduling, budgets, change orders, and submissions.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with clients, subcontractors and vendors.
- Provide and review accurate monthly job cost commitment reports; monitor and adjust over /under billings, and cash flow projection for active projects.
- Manage subcontractor performance in conjunction with field operations, and take action to resolve any performance issues.
- Collaborate with on-site superintendents to ensure projects are on schedule, within the budget and meet and/or exceed quality standards and client expectations.
- Price and handle change order requests, as well as time and material invoices.
- Two or three years in construction document production and project management.
- The right person will fulfill multiple client projects in a timely and efficient manner through effective communication working directly with clients, consultants, jurisdictions, and general contractors.
- You’ re detail-oriented with the ability to problem-solve and drive results.
- The ability to work and thrive in team and independent working scenarios with demonstrable organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Windows, Excel and Bluebeam
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and integrate into day to day tasks
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- LEED certification a plus
Bachelor’ s Degree (Construction Management Degree preferred).
Junior PM: 2-3 years managing residential construction projects.
Driver’ s License and ability to travel throughout all areas of construction sites during all phases of a project.
Understanding of conceptual estimating.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Bluebeam.
Exceptional communication, i.e., working effectively with subcontractors, suppliers, design professionals, clients and other project managers.
Possess a strong ambition to succeed.
Must have strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
Availability to work extended hours as required by project schedules or urgent circumstances.
Salary: Competitive $60, 000.00 DOE.
Medical 100% paid
Contribution for dependents
2-week Vacation Pay
For immediate consideration please apply to Job Order # at www.optistaffing.com