Commercial Property and Casualty Underwriter
Now you may say to yourself that an insurance company could be dull, boring and stuffy. Well, our client is far from it! Located on the eastside of Seattle location, surrounded by a woodsy feeling outside, and very modern feeling inside, you’ ll find that first thing you will feel when you meet this team is a vibrant, fun and enthusiastic energy. Culture fit is extremely important for our client so if you see yourself flourishing in this sort of setting, we encourage you to apply.
As a team we deliver superior customer service to clients and team members and possess positive, can-do attitudes. As well as, exceptional attention to detail, effective communication skills, and dedication to personal excellence.
• Work effectively with team to ensure high levels of customer service including mentoring less experienced staff
• Serve as the day to day relationship manager, risk manager, and consultant on all accounts
• Ensure all clients requests and needs are handled in an accurate and timely manner
• Effectively grow assigned book of business and develop market share of profitable business while protecting company from financial loss through accurate and effective underwriting techniques and methodologies
• Counsel clients on coverage issues and research coverage as needed
• Maintain effective relationships with internal and external resources
• Ensure accuracy of state and carrier forms
• Stay current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends
• Provide input/contribute to the establishment of effective underwriting policies and guidelines
• Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills
• Familiarity with business process improvement, trouble shooting, and creative problem solving
• Strong reading comprehension and analysis skills
• Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Must be highly detail orientated with advanced organization skills required, including ability to manage many responsibilities effectively at once
• Proven leadership abilities
• Ability to work effectively on a team and individual environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Minimum 3-5years’ underwriting experience in commercial lines or excess/surplus lines
• Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
• CPCU, CIC, and other insurance related designation/certification preferred
exceptional attention to detail, effective communication skills, and dedication to personal excellence.