We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY IN TACOMA
Join a dynamic and busy team of collections specialist for a well established logistics company located in Tacoma, WA. Great people, great company, great benefits! Long term growth opportunity. If you have a great personality, good communication skills and over 3 years of logistics and B2B collections experience this is an outstanding opportunity for you.
The Credit Specialist is responsible for working with customers to collect on delinquent accounts and secure payment; to provide customer service regarding collection issues, monitor and maintain assigned accounts, and process account adjustments.
- Responsible for providing excellent Customer Service when dealing with credit issues in a fast paced credit department
- Process changes to customer accounts: payments, refunds, small balance write offs, customer reconciliations, credit memos and other adjustments
- Monitor assigned customer accounts with the goal of reducing payment delinquencies
- Enlist the aid of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Communicate and follow up effectively with sales regarding customer accounts on a timely basis
- Establish effective and cooperative working relationship with customers, team members and sales
- Apply intermediate level Excel and Word skills to analyze portfolio trends and report findings
- Consistently meet department goals and activity metrics
- All other duties as assigned
Must possess the skills in each of the following areas in order to be considered for the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- AA degree or some advanced accounting education is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years credit experience in a high volume collections environment
- Working knowledge of Billing and Collection procedures; Accounts Receivable experience is a plus
- Freight/Transportation Industry knowledge and experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Goal oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Strong Excel skills
Salary- $46, 000-50, 000.00 DOE Benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, 100% match up to 3%, short and long-term disability, and vacation accrual.