We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
******NEED NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PASSPORT, MILITARY ID -OR- AN ENHANCED DRIVERS LICENSE*******
Assist with the purchasing activities in support of Base Supply Center store operations. Coordinate with stores to assure receipt of merchandise to meet customer requirements. Provide exceptional customer service to help or understand customers’ with regards to appropriate product selection. Consistently maintains good rapport with suppliers. Routinely fills in as cashier during seasonal busy times, as well as assisting in receiving several times during the year to understand the entire process chain.
- Listen and help customers find required products, tracking special orders from start to completion
- Provide and facilitate outstanding communication to customers as well as store in store personnel
- Purchases store inventory based upon historical sales data, forecasted quantities, min/max stocking levels or special customer requests
- Analyze Sales history, determine sales trends, suggest minimum quantities and inventory levels based upon goals
- Ensure system integrity; regularly audit inventory transactions and balance inventory to ensure ability to meet customer demands while limiting the mount of capitol tied up in inventory
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with suppliers
- Continually evaluates supplier costs quality and delivery
- Maintains Vendor records; POC’ s, pricelists, contract information, passwords, order instructions, catalogs, and production information
- Must be familiar with AbilityOne agencies.
- Uses computer systems to monitor, evaluate, prioritize and plan purchase orders. Works closely with suppliers to coordinate and communicate priority purchase orders and expedite as required. Monitors open purchase orders. Updates PO notes and store managers regarding delayed merchandise or supplier problems
- Updates PO details to reflect revised delivery dates, changes in costs, canceled quantities or any other adjustments necessary to keep store personnel current and records accurate for accounting
- Introduces new ideas and suggestions to improve processes and maintain system accuracy
SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS
- AA degree or CPM certification required
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing with thorough understanding of purchasing functions and order flow
- Ability to read drawings, understand technical specifications, MIL-SPEC, NSN’ s and other governing laws or regulations concerning lawful government procurement
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (box of copy paper) using safe lifting techniques throughout shift. Lifting cartons off floor, onto carts, then unpacking to stock shelves. Working on concrete floors that may be uneven. Standing, stooping, bending, stretching throughout shift. Physical demands are high throughout shift.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficient with basic math, MS Office products and able to use POS system, write memos, prepare meeting agenda, and monthly reports. Ability to build basic spreadsheets with simple formula’ s in Excel. Produce monthly reports or prepare informational spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Maintain Professionalism (Dress, Appearance, Manners) .
- Current with latest trends, products, etc
- Excellent analytical, common sense and sound decision making, ability to problem solve
- Must be organized, keep documentation filed and archived per record retention policies
- Must work with a high degree of accuracy, checking work daily
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Fluent English, written and spoken. Excellent communication. Clear written, verbal skills