We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Assistant Plant Manager
The Assistant Plant Manager will be responsible for providing support to the Plant Manager in regards to quality, ERS, and lean/continuous improvement systems. This position will be responsible for updating and maintaining the document control for standard work and TPM, providing facilitation support for A3 responses to injuries, quality issues and continuous improvement events, and performing assigned ERS tasks such as data entry for emissions and storm water reporting. The position will be required from time-to-time to coordinate trainings (e.g. forklift, general awareness, etc.) and projects around supporting production (e.g. creating lead standard work), and will occasionally audit shop floor procedures and report findings to management. The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for communicating and adhering to safety rules at all times, and is required to act when unsafe procedures or safety rules violations occur.
- Mastery of when, where, and how to apply lean tools (standard work, TPM, 5S, etc.).
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft AX.
- Must be able to design, update and audit plant procedures.
- Must be able to design and administer both classroom-style trainings and TWI-style trainings.
- Must understand, maintain, and improve document control systems effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to oversee and facilitate continuous improvement project within the facility.
- Must be able to work in various elements including outdoors.
- Must be able to organize, facilitate, and work in cross-functioning teams.
- Must manage competing priorities and deliverables effectively.
- Must be able to occasionally work of-shift as required to support plant goals.
- Must be able to read, write, type and speak English.
- Must help support plant manager with plant goals.
- Thrive in a team oriented and collaborative environment where continuous improvement is highly valued.