We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
FULL TIME DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!
Entry-level Assistant Estimator needed for a green residential home builder located in Seattle. Work for a great company with a stewardship towards the environment. Wonderful opportunity for career growth.
The Assistant Estimator reports to the VP Construction and is responsible for the administration of the Construction Package and the Estimating Tool. The Assistant Estimator will provide additional support as requested by the VP Construction. This position is not entirely limited to the responsibilities outlined in this job description.
- Prepare clear scope of work summaries for subcontractors.
- Manage request for proposal (RFP)
- Solicit RFPs to subcontractors/vendor that include scope of work summaries, plans, and specs for each project
- Update bid tracker and bid folder when new/revised bids are submitted‚ Track bid deadlines and ensure that each contractor is given a chance to submit on time by checking in with them, Process incoming bids and communicate any scope additions/changes to subcontractors for bid
- Process requests for quotations and orders for materials
- Bid selection administration
- Assist in the preparation of reports and advise on competitive bids prior to submission
- Assist VP Construction in estimating additional construction costs not captured in RFP scopes of work
- Assist VP Construction in preparing project budgets for approval
- Create preliminary construction project schedules
- Project Sub-Contract Agreement Administration and Prepare contract information: start dates, allotted work days, contract amount
- Prepare contract exhibits which includes: plans, specifications, scope of work summaries, bids, and quality control inspection checklists
- Compose construction package binder for each construction project including plans, specs, details, drawings, and scopes of work summaries
- Construction estimating for Due Diligence Cost analysis for floor plans
- Research for costing and estimating data and information
- Maintaining updated costs per square foot in estimating tool
- Researching city construction requirements and costs
- Assist in the preparation of interim valuations and reports of works in progress
- Assist Project Managers as needed with resolving estimating and contract issues
- Assist in the preparation and submission of claims for additional payments
- Assist in preparing, pursuing and advising VP Construction on claims for/against subcontractors and suppliers
- Work with all other departments, contractors, suppliers and vendors on matters relating to work as appropriate
- Attend meetings, seminars, training workshops and other work related events as required, which may involve working outside normal working hours
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Initiate suggestions and report customer and/or subcontractor comments for improvement to the division’ s performance
- Pursue new business relationships by researching and meeting new subcontractors
- Manage the verification and tracking of subcontractor business documentation Master Services Agreement, Certificate of Liability Insurance, and W-9’ s
- Assist VP Construction in RFP’ s and scheduling warranty related work
- Assist Project Managers in the Built Green certification process
- Maintain complete records for all work Track all bids, plans, contracts, etc. in project folders
- Post comments from subcontractors, RFI’ s, and project updates on Base-camp or High rise Archive email conversations as reference
Salary $45-50, 000.00 per year, vacation, PTO, 100% employer paid benefits, cell phone allowance and gas card.