We are excited to hear from you and have a chance to meet you!
Please complete our application including the Education and Employment History sections. Be sure to attach a resume.
Accounting - Inventory Specialist
Direct hire opportunity through Opti Staffing Group
Are you an Excel master? We are looking for a team member for our financial service inventory team responsible for computing, classifying, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties:
- Compiles and sorts documents such as invoices and warehouse receipts, substantiating business transactions.
- Reconciles inventory quantities between company and third party warehouses on a monthly basis.
- Audits invoices against inventory balances, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment. Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Enters new item codes to financial data processing system after reviewing required data provided by requestor for accuracy and correctness.
- Adds item codes to branches.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
Organizational Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Builds customer confidence by ensuring expectations and commitments are met.
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationship with internal and external customers.
- Acts with customers in mind, and values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
Integrity & Trust:
- Sets an example by consistently modeling high standards of honesty and integrity. Is widely trusted and is seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents information in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Maintains a reputation for honesty, confidentiality, reliability and fairness.
- Is willing to admit mistakes, and doesn' t misrepresent him/her self for personal gain.
Getting Results (" Can Do" Spirit):
- Performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive action when an opportunity presents itself.
Creativity & Innovation:
- Injects originality into daily work and generates many new and unique ideas. T
- Thinks " outside the box" and is seen as original and value-added in brainstorming ideas.
- Creates competitive and breakthrough solutions.
- Collaborates positively to achieve team and company objectives.
- Works effectively within a diverse environment.
- Builds strong relationships with fellow employees, helping to support a contribution to overall company success.
Minimum Requirements Education:
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software.
Full Benefits package including salary range from $18 to $20 per hour DOE
For immediate consideration please refer to Job Order number at www.optistaffing.com